Wednesday, July 5, 2017

You Give Me Joy…

“There beauty in my brokenness,
I have true love instead of pain.
There’s freedom though you’ve capture me,
I got joy instead of mourning.”
You give me joy….


(c) 2015 P. Lynne Designs
These are the words I have been listening to lately.  The song “Joy” is by VaShawn Mitchell, who is an African-American gospel singer.  He is one of my favorite singers to date, and I have enjoyed many of his songs.  In case you are not familiar with this type of song, it is referred to as a praise and worship song.  You are praising God for many of his blessings.  In no lately, especially now, this world we live in is changing so rapidly, until it is hard to keep up.  I do not try to anymore.  I have stopped with the “freedom posts”, as I like to call them.  I have not said one bad thing about President Trump, even though I dislike the man for what he is doing right now.  He is no President Obama. 
In my last posts, it says it all, when a person is unhappy with something, do not complain about it, for it might fall on deaf ears.  If you need to complain about it, go to the right person, mainly the person who is in charge of the thing that you have the complaint about.  Who knows, things may change.
Try to find the joy in everything that you do, even a simple, mundane task.  One day, if you are patient things, will change. What do I mean about that?
You have heard of me talking about my businesses on this blog.  What you do not know is how hard it is to market to someone.  I have been doing things for free, mainly for my church and other areas.  Well, I am finally getting paid with my first paying job.  I am helping a friend of mine celebrated her birthday by making her invitations.  It is a small price to pay all this time, but it was well worth it.  I have been paid before by making cards for relatives, and they have paid me something after I insist that I do it for free.  It is the little things that count. 
So, when I hear words like, “There beauty in my brokenness”, it is my testimony to say that there were times when I did not know where to turn.  I have been broken because of something that I have done, said, or something that someone or something has been done to me. When I look back on the broken times, I find joy in it today.  Why?  Because I have survived it.  It did not kill me, even though there were a couple of times when I wanted to end it all. “I found true love instead of pain” is also a testimony because I found out that there is someone who loves me through all of this.
As a teen, I had low esteem.  I did not like myself.  I felt I was too short for most of the things I wanted to do, which was to model and to be an actress.  I wanted to be a Rockette, all tall jobs.  Over the years, I found that it takes special training to be all those jobs.  I also found out there are short actresses out here, short dancers (I met all the requirements of a Rockette except the tall part), and you have to practically starve yourself as a model.  I found jobs that make me happy.  I forgot about modeling and being a Rockette.  I do not think that my ankles will allow me to be one now.
You have to find joy in your life if you are going to make it in life.  I talk about that all the time. 
There’s Freedom though you captured me
Did you know you are free to do anything you want to do?  There are so many opportunities out in the world for employment now more than even 20 years ago.  I do not see the irony of sitting around and doing nothing but causing problems.  Yes, I know about the police, but that is a different story and one that I have covered in the past year.  Yes, I am also angry that the police officers who shot those people get to walk while whole families and communities suffer the loss of their loved one.  You have to understand that these cops will get theirs, if not now, soon.  There is a much bigger plan that neither you nor I can handle.  Entrepreneurship has allowed me to do what I want to do in life, which lead to me being able to do my friend’s invitations.
Takeaway Moment:
Find something that gives you joy, peace of mind, and a sense of self.  If you read books that tell you to find your own happiness, take it to heart.  Sometimes, when a person has low self-esteem, you could be that person who brings them out of it.  If not, there is a much deeper problem that neither you or the person you are trying to help cannot handle.
I know you must think this post is mainly for Christians, but it is not.  This post is for anyone who believes in making peace with themselves, rather you believe in God or who you call God.

(c) 2015 P. Lynne Designs
Please take the time to seek out what you need to find peace with.  Take time to find joy in your life.  Take time to find you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.